Serving children in their communities
Building Partnerships children in their communities Families Partnerships
Oregon has a new, family friendly way to get help for children with intensive mental health needs. New Solutions is part of this Children's System Change Initiative (CSCI).
Who is Eligible?
Children and youth whose mental health needs have not been met through usual services, and their families.
Eligibility Screening Includes
- Signed consent from parent or guardian before the screening
- Telephone interviews with people who know the child’s situation well
- Review of a recent mental health assessment report
- Completion of the CASII*, a survey to help pinpoint mental health needs Assessment of other risk factors. These include risk of out of home placement, family stress, and school disruption.
*Child and Adolescent Service Intensity Instrument
How it Works
NEW SOLUTIONS uses a Child and Family Team to design unique services with each child and family.
Oregon Health Plan children can receive other new communitybased and flexible supports.
- Supports the family in getting the help they need to succeed as parents once the formal Team is no longer needed.
- Is made up of people chosen by the family.
- Works with family strengths.
- Finds effective solutions that fit the family and child.
Some children may need treatment in a hospital or in a residential or day treatment program. For these to be paid for with public funds, the same screening and Team planning apply.