Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is the Behavioral Care Network (BCN)?

The BCN is a local organization that contracts with WVCH to manage the mental health benefits for Oregon Health Plan members. The BCN contracts with many providers in the region who offer a range of services.

Do I need a referral from my primary care doctor to get mental health services?

Mental health services do not require a referral from your primary care doctor. They are also provided free of charge to Members.

How do I get an appointment?

We encourage you to contact individual providers. You can also contact individual providers. Visit the Mental Health Services and Alcohol & Drug Services. You can also call Willamette Valley Community Health Plan at 503-584-2150 for additional assistance.

What types of mental health services are covered under my benefits?

  • Assessment/Evaluation
  • Case Management
  • Care Coordination
  • Counseling/Therapy – Individual, Family and/or Group
  • Crisis Support
  • Employment Support
  • Medication Management (psychiatric medications)
  • Peer Support Services
  • Skills Training

What if I have questions about my benefits?

You can call our Customer Service Center at 503-584-2150 if you have questions about benefits or your coverage.

Are interpreters available?

Yes. You or your caregiver can have an interpreter (including sign language) in any language you need. This service is free. Also, many providers have bi-lingual staff. Tell your provider’s office which language is best for you. Be sure to let them know of your language needs one or two days before your appointment.

What do I do if I have a mental health crisis?

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis there are people and services available to help you. Below is information on crisis services for Marion & Polk Counties.

Contact your provider: If you are currently seeing a mental health provider please consider them your first resource. They are available to help you at any time in the event of a mental health crisis. Talk with your provider to learn more about contacting them after hours.

Crisis Hotlines:
Marion County: 503-585-4949, Psychiatric Crisis Center
Polk County: 503-623-9289, Polk County Behavioral Health
After 5 PM:  503-581-5535 or toll free at 1-800-560-5535, NW Human Services

Psychiatric Crisis Center: The Psychiatric Crisis Center (PCC) is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. You can call or go to their office at 1118 Oak St. SE Salem, OR 97301 at any time.

What if I just want someone to talk to?

A Warmline is an alternative to a crisis line that is run by trained peers, people who are in recovery, and provides an opportunity to talk with people who have lived experience with mental health or addictions challenges. You can reach the David Romprey Oregon Warmline at 1-800-698-2392.

There are also community-based Peer Services available. Go to for a list of local organizations.

Is transportation available?

WVCH covers non-emergency transportation services for OHP services. Here are your resources:

  • You can also ask for a monthly bus pass to get to your covered services. 1-844-544-1397 to get more information or order a pass.
    • To learn more about non-emergent medical transportation please follow this link:
    • To schedule a reservation call 844-544-1397 WVCH covers transportation to OHP covered services.

What is Willamette Valley Community Health (WVCH)?

Willamette Valley Community Health is a coordinated care organization made up of healthcare providers and community partners who work together to help Oregon Health Plan Members stay healthy, improve their health, and better manage their health challenges. The WVCH service area is Marion and Polk Counties.