Mental Health Services Available to OHP Members

You do NOT need a referral or prior authorization from your primary care doctor before accessing outpatient services in our network.

If you need additional support in finding a mental health provider, please call 503-584-2150.

Mental Health Providers

Interpreter services are available to our Members free of charge. Please let us know if you need an interpreter when you call.

Provider AgencyAdultsChildren, Youth & FamiliesAlcohol & Drug ServicesMedication Prescribing**Bilingual Providers
Bridgeway Recovery Services13 and olderEspañol
Capstone Counseling3 and olderASL
Catholic Community Services Español
Center for Addiction and Counseling Services14 and older
Connections365 (formerly CCPC)9 and olderChildren Only
Coordinated Counseling for Children3 and older
Crossing Bridges Counseling Center6 and olderEspañol
Inter-Cultural Center for PsychologyEspañol & Pусский
Legacy Silverton Health*Español
Liberty House
Linn County Mental HealthEspañol
Marion County Behavioral HealthEspañol
New Perspectives Center for Counseling & Therapy
Northwest Human Services*11 and olderASL & Español
The Oasis Center for Counseling & Wellness9 and olderEspañol
Options Counseling & Family ServicesEspañol
Polk County Behavioral HealthEspañol
Trillium Family Services5 and up
Valley Mental HealthEspañol
VIDA Integrative Medicine and Mental Health 12 and older
WFMC Health*10 and olderEspañol

*Only offers mental health services to members who are also their medical patients.

**Some agencies only offer prescribing services with counseling services.

Prior Authorization

If you’re interested in seeing an outpatient provider who is not on the list above you will need prior authorization. You may also need prior authorization if you are requesting services that are not included on the Mental Health Services List. Please contact 503-584-2150 to begin navigating this process.

For a complete listing of our mental health and alcohol & drug service providers click here: BCN Provider Directory

Description of OHP Covered Mental Health Services

Mental Health Assessment: This is where you start your mental health treatment. We will ask you to tell us about yourself, and what has happened to you. We will ask what kinds of challenges you are facing. We ask these questions to learn how best to meet your needs. This will help us understand your goals for treatment and what kinds of services we have to offer you.

Individual Therapy: This is one-on-one counseling with someone trained to work with you to make wanted changes in your life. The counselor will help you learn new tools and ways to address your situation and move toward your goals. Play or art therapy is often used as a way to help young children communicate their feelings.

Family Therapy: Your family joins you in meeting with the counselor. You and your family work on improving relationships and addressing problems and challenges within the family unit. Learning new parenting skills is often critical for helping children with behavior problems.

Group Therapy: These groups are led by a trained counselor. People with similar challenges come together with the counselor to support each other and learn new skills together.

Medication Services: These are prescribed by a Psychiatrist (MD) or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. They will work with you to decide if medicine would help you. You work together to figure out what medicines are helpful and to monitor any side effects.

Case Management: Case Managers are professionals who work with you to plan, monitor, and coordinate treatment services and help you connect with resources for you and your child. These services help you with other needed supports (transportation, housing, medical care, getting benefits, etc.). Support is provided by a person who knows about local services available to you.

Peer Support: This is help and support offered by people who have a personal experience of recovery from mental health challenges, alcohol and drug use or trauma. They have received training to support others who are experiencing similar issues to help them toward increased wellness. Peer support may be provided by individuals or family members. It may be provided one-on-one or through support groups. Consumer Run Organizations (CRO’s) are run by peers and offer places where people with common experiences support one another through groups, individual peer support, community building activities, events, and opportunities for advocacy.

Employment Services: Some mental health agencies offer employment programs to connect people with mental health challenges with jobs. These programs may have different eligibility requirements. Your counselor or case manager can help you find a program that is right for you. All agencies have a support person who can connect you to places like Vocational Rehabilitation or WorkSource. They can also help you understand how working could impact your OHP benefits.

Skills Training: You can have help learning things like shopping and cooking, managing money, using public transportation, etc.

Crisis Support: You can call your agency 24/7 if you are in crisis. Ask the counselor you are working with for the number to call if you have a crisis after hours. We also have the Psychiatric Crisis Center in Salem (503-585- 4949) and a crisis team in Polk County. If you need emergency mental health services, call them before going to the hospital emergency room. Ask your counselor for help making your own crisis plan.

Parenting Groups: These are groups are led by a trained staff person. They are a place for parents to learn together about ways to help their children. Some groups are for parents only and some groups are for parents and children together.

Family Support Partners: Are parents who have had challenges with their own children. They can provide support and share what they’ve learned as you figure out how to best help your child.

Alcohol and Drug Treatment: Alcohol and drug use is assessed by all counselors in our system. If an adult or youth needs specialty treatment for addiction, there are a variety of adult and adolescent programs available.

Children & Youth Specific Programs

Wrap Around: Families of children with significant mental health challenges often need more than counseling support. Many of these children have been involved in multiple systems such as juvenile justice, DHS, or special education. MV-Wrap/New Solutions programs use the wraparound model of care, designed to keep youth active and engaged in their community, build natural supports and ensure success through engaging the child’s entire support system, including caregivers, siblings, peers, and communities.

Transitional age youth programs (ages 16 to 25): These programs help youth develop skills needed for independent living including learning to deal with uncomfortable mental states, social skills training, academic improvement, job readiness, health and safety and other related issues.

Early Assessment and Support Alliance (EASA): EASA is a wellness focused prevention program. The EASA team offers support services to individuals ages 15-25 who are experiencing psychosis for the first time. The team works closely with the young person’s family, and view family as key team members in treatment. Early effective treatment helps young people graduate from school, keep their friends, maintain family unity and, have successful careers and lives in their communities.